- This has a pure garlic flavor that is SPICY, rich, and deep.
- HOT! VERY HOT that it is in a class almost by itself. (Great flavor in Kimchee)
- Typically has six to eight cloves per bulb in a circular configuration around a central scape.
- Generally large bulbs with fat cloves.
- The bulb wrappers are firm and tight, with broad bold purple stripes merging into areas of solid purple.
- One of the first planted in the fall and the first harvested in the spring.
- Stores about 6 months.
This has a pure garlic flavor that is SPICY, rich, and deep. HOT! VERY HOT that it is in a class almost by itself. Makes a great flaor in Kimchee.
Korean Red - Culinary
- Keep out of direct sunlight
- Do not store in refridgerator - it will start to sprout
- Allow garlic to breath (do not place in airtight container or plastic)
- For long term storage a cool, dark pantry or cupboard is the best option